Saturday, April 4, 2020

TCC, Day 20: Saturday

It's Saturday. It's almost exactly like the other days of the week except I only did a little work for work. I made a bulleted list of the things I need to do in the next few weeks for grad school, and that made me happy. 

Keaton's room has always been a disgusting, messy, gross place despite my best efforts for it be anything else. He has always liked to be surrounded by his stuff. Even when he was a toddler, he would get everything out. When Tucker was little he never played with toys or watched cartoons or did other kid things. We were so happy that Keaton played with his toys!  And then he kept getting older and messier. 

At any given moment you could find pop tart trash, seventeen empty Propel bottles and every musical instrument he could get his hands on in his bed. It was bad. 

On spring break (I think...what are days and weeks anyway?) he decided to clean out his room. And HE DID!  All by himself. He threw things away, organized, and cleaned. He even cleaned his carpet. It was kind of miraculous. 

Keaton needs projects, so at this point he's also repainted all of the walls and rearranged his furniture. I'm thinking about asking him to take on my bedroom next. 

In other news, I am embarrassed to say we've been watching Tiger King. It's so, so terrible. And these are real people. Y'all. I cannot. And I also cannot stop watching. I'm so thankful there are only seven episodes so we can finish them and then put this dark period of our lives behind us (not the quarantine - the decision to ever start watching this show).

I frequently dish out life advice to my kids - never get a face tattoo, stuff like that. I've added "don't own a tiger" to that list. 

Today I started out gloomy and stressed. Then I got up and got dressed and made myself do something productive, and I felt better. If you feel stuck or sad, I highly recommend changing out of your pajamas. 

The end. 

No comments: