Sunday, April 19, 2020

TCC, Day 35: Sunday

I'm a little afraid to say this, but we may be getting used to having nothing to do on the weekends. 

Today we slept in, watched church, Trey made breakfast. We cleaned house - I cleaned the bathroom (not my favorite). I grocery shopped. 

In the most exciting development of the day, Trey and I installed a new ceiling fan in our bedroom. I'm a little embarrassed to say that only two of the four lights in our old fan worked, and it's been that way as long as either of us can remember. I bought a new fan a few weeks ago, and it's been sitting in its box in the living room. 

We've been taking turns looking at it and deciding it's not the right time to start a project like that. 

Until today. I was minding my own business doing nothing and I noticed Trey getting some tools out. So, of course, I jumped in to provide invaluable assistance since my dad is an electrician - that makes me like a junior electrician or something, right?  

With mostly nice words and in a reasonable amount of time, we have a new ceiling fan with four working lights!  It's quite an accomplishment. 

I also finally figured out how to stream the new season of Call the Midwife (by downloading the PBS app on the Firestick). If you need to watch sometimes heartbreaking and always uplifting, you need to watch it. 

Not much else to report today. I'm reading a book that only kind of entertaining but requires very little emotional engagement on my part. 

The end. 



No comments: