Wednesday, April 8, 2020

TCC, Day 24: Hickman Children

I'm currently in the middle of a complete emotional meltdown as a result of the Modern Family series finale. We've watched it since the beginning. Even when it wasn't at its best it was good for a belly laugh. The finale was perfect. I may have sobbed.

Sometime during the middle of the two hour event I decided I needed a treat. I went into the kitchen to retrieve one of the delicious and wonderful Cadbury eggs that I knew was there waiting for me. Trey had to go to Walgreens yesterday, and he brought home two just for me. He knows the way to my heart.

I was saddened but not shocked to find they were gone. There were no Cadbury eggs. They were gone. Missing. Vanished. I remembered this blog post from WAY back in 2012, when the culprit was young and innocent, and I knew who ate them.

Keaton. When he was six it was kind of cute. Now it's evil.

The Hickman boys awoke today to a list of things I required of them. They made donuts for breakfast, seemed to get along pretty well all day, and thought a lot about doing the things on my list. They informed me early this morning we would be having a red carpet steak dinner tonight. I wasn't exactly sure what that meant, but I was working so I did not ask additional questions.

Finally, late this afternoon, after some perfectly sane yelling by me, Tucker started cleaning. I know this because I heard the ensuing fist fight from my make shift office. I have no idea what actually happened, but I'm sure it had something to do with Tucker being a jerk because he had to clean and Keaton being a hot-head.

I broke up the fight and mostly gave up on everything. This was evidenced by my placement of myself in the recliner with a glass of sweet tea and a bag of cheese puffs to watch an episode of Criminal Minds. Hashtag winning.

I had a facetime meeting for my grad school class a few minutes later which I totally forgot about. I opened my computer to send a work email while it was on my mind, and then I remembered the meeting, and joined like that was my plan all along. Turns out I had also scheduled a Zoom hangout with some awesome friends at the same time, so when I finished my class call I chatted with them, and it made my heart happy.

What day is it anyway?

Imagine my surprise when I came out of my room to find that red carpet dinner was not, in fact, cancelled because of the fist fight. Tucker had grilled steaks, and the boys attended dinner in full dress attire. I attended in my shorts and t-shirt. Because Hashtag Winning.




Did you know that if you ask Alexa to play fancy restaurant music she will play a song called "Fancy Restaurant Music"?

These children. I suppose I should check to see if they actually did the items on my list. Maybe tomorrow.

For good measure, here's a picture from yesterday with one of them in a dinosaur costume and the other with his flowing locks braided.

These children.


I wish I had a Cadbury egg.

The end.

No comments: