Tuesday, April 7, 2020

TCC, Day 23: Random Things

This is kind of a stream of consciousness thing. It's what I've got today, so just go with it. :)

I need some roller blades.

When I'm out walking, sometimes a person rolls past me on their roller blades and it looks so fun!  I was a very good roller skater back in the day, so maybe it's time for me to take it up again. Trey says I'll have to wear a helmet and elbow pads and knee pads. It's almost like he doesn't think I'll be awesome at it or something.

I have a flower buying problem. When I see flowers I like, I buy them and plant them in my backyard. Social distancing has really cut down on this since I can't go to Lowe's as often as I like. I have been once since we started staying home, and I bought purslane (I finally found it!) and some hyacinths. I've never had hyacinths before, but they spoke to me so now they grow in my yard. I have no idea if they will live, but the label said "full sun" so that's where I put them. My landscaping plan is called "Flowers I Like Planted Randomly."

We have a brick sidewalk down the side of our house, and the weeds that grow around it are the bane of my existence. It's junky and overgrown and terrible, and it has been that way as long as I can remember no matter how hard I try. I've now decided I want to rip up everything and throw down some wildflower seeds and see what happens. It won't be worse, that's for sure.

I'm a terrible teacher-mom. My kids told me they did their stuff the last two weeks, but I didn't check it or anything. I kind of checked Keaton's last week so I'm feeling okay about that, but the only thing I'm pretty sure Tucker did is statistics because he loves it. Everything else is questionable. Tomorrow I'm going to be better.

I am really, really, really tired of dishes.

Today, April 7th, is Brownies and Blessings Day - an officially unofficial holiday to celebrate the life of my late brother-in-law, James Barrett. We started celebrating on James's birthday the first year after he passed away. In my husband's family, birthdays are a big deal, so we couldn't let the day go by without acknowledging it. Traditionally, celebrants eat brownies (James's favorite) and share what they are thankful for. Today seems like an especially good day to do that, so feel free to participate.

We'll be having our brownies with Blue Bell and spending some time looking for the good in these unusual days.

Perhaps I'll be thankful for the ability to order roller blades online.

The end.


No comments: