Monday, April 20, 2020

TCC, Day 36: Apparently I can only write about food.

It was super nice to wake up this morning to a clean house. And a working light fixture in my bedroom/office. A bright Monday morning!

Last night I used the leftover crawfish we had to make some dip. One of my favorite cookbooks is John Bonnell's Waters, so I used his recipe for crab dip and subbed in crawfish. Trey said it was redneck crab dip. He wasn't wrong.

Sidebar: We ate at Bonnell's Waters Restaurant in Fort Worth in the last six months or so, and it was one of the best dining experiences I've ever had. I've wondered recently if it will still exist after the pandemic. Sad face.

Anyway, I cooked so much on Saturday that I told everyone on Sunday that I was having crawfish dip for dinner and they were on their own. I scooped it onto some crusty baguette, and it was delicious.

This morning I took my breakfast break about 9:30. It seems like every day I get out bed, pour my coffee, and sit down at my desk thinking I'm going to see what's on my agenda for the day while I sip coffee. Then hours later I realize I should get dressed and eat breakfast.

One fun thing about working from home is that I can eat cereal. When I'm going into the office I take my breakfast to go, and that doesn't work for cereal. Today I had Raisin Bran, which I love. Strangely, I don't like raisins at all.

Lunchtime came around 1:00 when I was hungry. I went into the pantry and got out the bread, then opened the fridge for some ham and cheese. That's when I saw the dip.

Over my shoulder I could see the leftover baguette. I looked from the dip the baguette and back to the dip. It occurred to me that sandwiches are basically bread and filling, and I had come into the kitchen to make a sandwich.

So I had crawfish dip and bread for lunch. Then I realized that two out of three of my meals in a 24 hour period were bread and dip. Oops.  Good thing I had that Raisin Bran.

Tonight for dinner we had sweet and sour chicken and fried rice. But only because I delivered the rest of the leftover dip to my in-laws and my niece so I would stop eating it. Desperate times and all that.

The end.


No comments: