Sunday, April 26, 2020

TCC, Day 42: Sunday

Sunday. We slept in. Watched church. I bought groceries. Trey cleaned out the laundry room. I helped by cleaning out the plastic bin full of craft stuff. Mostly I threw away old craft paint and junk. I took a quiz (twice because it didn't go so well the first time). Turned in a paper.

I've been working on croissants for eight days. Tomorrow we may be able to eat them. Or they might flop and be terrible. Either way, tomorrow we'll know.

Since I finished my Mexican cooking Master Class, I've been browsing some of the others. The croissant are from a French pastry class. So far I've learned that French pastry takes FOREVER.

I've watched a few episodes of Gordon Ramsay's first cooking class. It's interesting and all about basics so far, and I think it will get to some recipes I'd like to try. I've learned that when Gordon Ramsay talks about hhhherbs he gets very excited. And everything is "beautiful."

I watched about four episodes of Bobbi Brown's makeup class (each episode is less than ten minutes). She's very uplifting and doesn't see makeup as something we should use to correct anything. We look like we look - we can enhance that but the notion of correcting indicates there's something that needs to be fixed, and we're all fine. I can get on board with that.

I've learned that I should know my undertones so I can buy the right color foundation. I don't know what my undertones are or how to learn them. I'm pretty sure they're not pink because that's what fair-skinned people have. I think I'll keep watching. I have so far drawn the conclusion that someone else should do my makeup. We'll see if that changes.

I think when quarantine ends we should all emerge with new looks and act like we've always been exactly like that. Maybe I'll show up to work in Doc Martens, dressed in black like it's 1992 and I want people to think I'm angry. When people comment I'll just say, "I'm not sure what you're talking about. This is exactly how I've always looked." We could all pick random old fashion trends and go for it! Now is our chance!

Tonight we had Brussels sprouts with bacon fat cooked in the air fryer. That little jar of bacon fat you keep for emergencies? (That's not just us, right?) Dab a little on some Brussels sprouts and fry 'em up. You're welcome.

Tomorrow I believe the governor is going to announce more businesses opening up gradually. I'm praying that restaurants and salons will be able to expand their business so they won't be permanently closed. And also because I still need a pedicure.

The end.




No comments: