Wednesday, April 29, 2020

TCC, Day 45: Haircuts and Mexican Food

I didn't write a post yesterday. I was busy. Busy at work all day, then I went for my walk, then ate dinner and cleaned up. We attempted to install a new smart light switch in Keaton's room and it wasn't quite working like it should, so that took a bit. Then we played what Tucker said would be a "short" game of Skipbo that ended up taking ten hundred years. Then it was bedtime.

On Monday the governor made announcements about his plans to reopen Texas. This Friday restaurants and retail stores can reopen as long as they only have 25% capacity in their businesses. They have to adhere to social distancing practices and some pretty specific requirements. Salons and gyms can't open yet. If everything goes well with phase one, then on May 18th more business may be able to open. We're hoping for hair salons and Keaton's gymnastics gym! 

Some people are scared. They think Texas is reopening too soon and that doing so is dangerous. I certainly understand their feelings, but personally I'm happy to be taking a small step toward normalcy. We'll keep social distancing and limiting our interactions with others while hopefully helping local businesses to stay afloat.

Trey and the boys haven't had hair cuts in more than six weeks. They usually go about every three weeks, so they all feel like they have super long hair. Only Keaton actually has super long hair, and it's curly and getting bigger by the minute!  He let Tucker use some clippers to trim up the sides because it was driving him crazy. It's funny to me that the thing my family collectively misses the most might be haircuts. Stylists have definitely earned some new appreciation during this pandemic!

Tonight we ordered Coco Loco for dinner - our favorite local Mexican food place. We haven't had it in months. It was soooo goooooood! Like, the best meal I've had in my whole wide life. With green sauce on top. Did I mention it was delicious? 

That's all I've got for a Wednesday. At least I think it's Wednesday. 

The end.


No comments: