Sunday, April 5, 2020

TCC, Day 21: Sunday

I thought of something really profound this morning, and I wanted to write about it. Only now I can't remember what it was. Just trust me. It was going to be amazing and inspirational and such. Oh, well. You get this instead. ;)

We started our day by watching church online. I really miss church. Like, a lot. It's funny because it wouldn't take a lot to talk me into sleeping in on some Sundays, but it's so strange not to be there. I always cry during church because it's a deep experience for me and because I cry at the drop of a hat. As a result, Trey jokes that people probably think we fight every Sunday morning or something. Nope. I cry just because.

It occurred to me this morning that the first Sunday back will be a sob-fest. Y'all better get ready. No pictures, please.

My birthday is in April, and last night I bought myself a birthday present - a subscription to Master Class. I've already started with the Mexican cooking class, and I'm hoping later this week I'll have fresh tortillas and some amazing green sauce and maybe some tacos al pastor. When I give it all up and move to Mexico someday maybe I can get a job in a kitchen.

There's a class on make-up (be real, I could use that) and several on writing by people like Billy Collins and Margaret Atwood and Judy Blume. Social distancing is looking better.

I've been intermittently working on scrub caps to donate. I have in my head that I need to ship them when I get to ten. Currently, I have nine almost complete. I think my pattern got a little worn as I kept cutting around it, because the last few seem too big. I think I'll take them up a bit with pleats, then add buttons, then hopefully ship by midweek.

Today was Ellie's birthday. She's my great-niece, only that seems weird so I usually just say she's my niece. I think it might be rough to turn four during a quarantine when your baby brother is going to be born any minute and you can't be around your family and friends in person (except her parents, of course!). That birthday party she was excited about was not to be.

So, in the new internet tradition, we held a birthday parade past her house. We made happy birthday signs and the more creative us of showed up in costume (Elsa was a hit!  Especially when she yelled, "I'm Elsa!" and sang "Let it Go.") Ellie looked so excited!  I hope she remembers it - I'm sure we'll tell the story for years to come.

It's Holy Week. I'd like to think of something to do each day to focus on that. I'll let you know if I come up with something good.

The end.

No comments: