Wednesday, April 22, 2020

TCC, Day 38: Family Meetings

I didn't write a post yesterday. I just forgot. Oh, well. What are days anyway?

As of today, people have wear masks in public in Harris County. Just when I think things are becoming more normal (or are soon to become more normal) something else happens that is so far from our normal. Will people wear masks all the time from now on? Currently in Harris Country, not wearing a mask is subject to a fine. Like speeding.

Today was gloomy. It was supposed to be big storms, but it mostly just rained off and on. I worked. I also picked up a big box of meat from Rosenthal - the meat science department on campus. I ordered it on Monday for pickup today. For $75 we got a brisket, two racks of pork ribs, two racks of beef ribs, and a pork butt. A pretty good deal and supporting TAMU, so win/win. Tomorrow we'll have pork ribs and brisket because Tucker will smoke all day. And it's something for the boys to do.

For two days Tucker has been sitting in a recliner designing graphics. He provides content for a web site that will be covering the NFL draft, so he's been prepping designs for them. What he made today was So. Cool. I'll share it once it's shared officially with the world.

Keaton slept late - I fear he's become mostly nocturnal. He made pancakes and did school work, tumbled for a few minutes between storms, and then went back to his room.

When Trey got home I made him get up and come in the kitchen to hang out with us. I asked both boys if they were sad (they said no), then I casually reminded them not to do drugs or get human trafficked on TicTok (if that's a thing) and not to send or receive naked pictures of people and that vaping will make your lungs turn black and explode. I'm not sure why they laugh at me when I have these serious conversations with them, but they did. I'm just trying to save their lives.

Keaton decided to go for a run after our little family meeting. Maybe I inspired him to get up and get moving a little more! 

The end.

1 comment:

Lisa Lyle said...

I love reading your chronicles of Corona. It makes me wish I was doing the same thing. But then I get ho-hum and decide not to. Your stories of your boys remind me so much of mine. Tucker seems just like my Hayden and Keaton seems just like Davis (except Davis can't do cool flips). I fear he is turning nocturnal too though. Anyway, keep up the good writing. It gives me something to do:)

Lisa