Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A New Dress

March 1, 2008 - Saturday

As I'm getting ready to take Keaton to get his hair cut, we have this conversation:
K: "Mommy, can I get a new dress?"
Me: "No. You cannot have a dress."
K: "But Mommy, I need a new one!"
Me: "Keaton, dresses are for girls and you're a boy."
K (confused): "Dresses are for girls?"
Me: "Yes, baby. Only girls wear dresses. You're a boy, so you don't need to wear one."
K: "Can't I get a new one at Target?"
Me (with an increasing level of concern): "No dresses, baby."

Then, about 10 minutes later...

I realize that he meant dresser. I told him we were going to go to Target to look for him a new dresser because his is broken - the drawers won't close. No wonder he seemed confused!

Of course, I realized this when he said "Mommy, can I wear your clip in my hair when we go to Target to get my new dress?"

No comments: