Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Mom's Taxi

February 26, 2008 - Tuesday

Trey had a meeting out of town today, so I had to get the boys ready and take them to school myself. Now, I must say, I am fully aware of the fact that I am incredible spoiled by the greatest husband and dad in the world. I get Keaton ready before I leave, but he takes care of everything else in the mornings - dressing Tucker, feeding the boys, getting lunches, taking out the trash - he does everything!

Anyway, I had to take care of the boys this morning. So I did what any good mother would do - I bribed them with donuts. I told them that if they were good and we could get to school on time, we could stop and get donuts. Well, they sure showed me! They couldn't have been better. There were no fights, no arguments, no yelling, no crying...in short, it was a magical morning. Even at the donut place they were good, quickly choosing what they wanted and moving out of everyone's way.

Then, as we finished our morning on the last stretch to Longmire Learning Center, a commercial came on the radio for tutoring. Keaton - never one to miss a good laugh - yelled "TOOT ering?" and then broke into crazy, raucous laughter. After 20 seconds or so, Tucker got it, too, and he joined in the laughter. I must admit that I, too, laughed out loud.

Speaking of Keaton, last night he colored on the wall with a sharpie, and then he squeezed out a brand new bottle of soap into the bathtub (he wanted bubbles), and then he turned his bowl of cereal upside down directly on top of Tucker's bowl of cereal - or was that the night before? I can't keep up.

I have a feeling that's how I'll feel about Keaton most of his life - that I just can't keep up with what he's up to. One thing's for sure. That kid can have more fun in 5 minutes than most of us can have in a week.

No comments: