Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Why My Kids Are Awesome

March 5, 2008 - Wednesday

Guess what! I brag about my kids too much. I know, and I don't care. No, no one was recently bold and brazen enough to point this out to me. I just want to recognize that I think they're amazing. Granted, they're wild little monkeys, but still amazing. So here goes today's bragging.

Keaton's imagination is incredible. Tonight he saw a picture that was taken of him and Tucker a long time ago, and in the picture, he was crying. He made up this whole story about what Tucker was saying to him, and how he told Tucker, "Don't be mean to me anymore!" And then Tucker was nice. And I think they ate cake. It's amazing to me that he's not even three, and he's such the little storyteller. We're gonna have to watch him - that imagination is probably going to get him into (and out of) trouble in his life.

Then there's my Tuck. I've never met a more driven 5 year old. A few weeks ago, he brought home the Venn diagram he made at preschool about the differences between cars and trucks. You know I loved that! Then tonight he was explaining about a project he's working on at school where they "have this book, and they write down what they're feeling." Today he wrote, "I love my mom and dad." How do I know he really did? Because Tucker is so black and white - he doesn't usually make things up (except, of course, "Keaton did it"). Anyway, my five year old is journaling!!!!! My English teacher genetic make-up just did somersaults! These words, too, could get him out of trouble some day.

So, I know everyone thinks their kids are awesome, and they probably are. But I still like to brag on mine.

No comments: