Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Welcome to the Zoo

January 9, 2008 - Wednesday

So as Keaton chased Tucker through the house with a can of evaporated milk, insisting that it was actually peaches, I realized that we live in a zoo.

Then I had to laugh as Keaton sang most of the words to "Cowboys Like Us" while we at supper.

When he took a break from singing, he told me, "My sister and my brother and my dad and my mom went to the game."

Mind you, he's not talking about us, plus an imaginary sister. He's talking about his other family - the made-up one. They live in a green house that is sometimes in the backyard.

Just a little while later, Tucker called me over to the computer. "What does this say?" he asked.

I half looked at it, saw he was on Google and that he'd typed some letters into the search field. "Nothing, Tuck, it's just letters," I told him, thinking that he's trying to make words out of typing random letters on the keyboard.

"Mom! Look at it," he replied, and so I did.

It said "nflfootball."

I have to go now. Keaton needs to show me his friend getting into his new bus. He can take me there as soon as he finishes his conversation with our dentist - who apparently is on the floor with him. Keaton needs to tell him that the moon is sleeping. These things, too, exist only in Keaton's world.

I think it would be a fun place to visit.

No comments: