Tuesday, May 27, 2008

World's Greatest Husband

February 27, 2008 - Wednesday

So I post all of the time about my kids because, well, they're hysterical. But lately I'm reminded more and more about how lucky I am to have Trey. I know that most people who read this already know how lucky I am, but I feel the need to formally acknowledge it or something.

There should be an award, or a title, or some other recognition afforded to those men who go above and beyond the call of duty in the every day.

I think most of my life I've been an attention hog. At some point, I realized that people like that annoyed me, and I decided that I didn't want to be that kind of annoying anymore (I find other ways...hehehe). Trey is my exact opposite. I know he likes to be recognized in a positive way, but he doesn't like a lot of attention.

So recent events have put me in the spotlight more than usual. My whole Thinkwell adventure being the main event. I had so much fun. Don't get me wrong, I was also compensated well which helped when I had to leave the family for several weekends a month - but I loved being on camera, doing my thing. It's selfish and self-absorbed and even egotistical, but I loved it anyway.

I keep going back to the fact that the only way I was able to that is because Trey is the most awesome person on the planet. He had two crazy boys by himself just about every other weekend, and he never complained. Often I would come home to a clean house because he knew I'd been working all weekend and that my week would be better if we started with a clean house. He supported me when I was stressed, and he encouraged me every second. I had this great experience not because of anything I did, but because of him. What's more is that when I began this job, I had no doubt that Trey would do more than his share - he always does.

For the last (almost) ten years Trey's been the most important, comfortable thing in my life. It just seemed appropriate to recognize that every accomplishment and success I find is because he's right there. He really believes I can do anything, which kind of makes me believe it, too. When I think about all of the paths my life could have taken, and all of the choices he and I both faced along the way, I can see the divine hand in this above all else.

Cliche as it may be...sorry ladies. I am the luckiest girl in the world.

No comments: