Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Breakfast

March 6, 2008 - Thursday

Most mornings, Keaton likes to sit on the rug in the bathroom and eat his breakfast while I'm getting ready. I got over the fact that he eats breakfast in the bathroom a long time ago.

This morning, just like always, we went to the kitchen and he wanted a glass of milk (the nasty chocolate rice milk kind because real milk makes him break out) AND a glass of juice. He also chose a splits pop tart - half blueberry, half strawberry. The breakfast of champions.

Recently, he's decided that he likes butter on his pop tarts. So I wasn't surprised that this morning he asked for butter. I buttered the pop tart. I'm such a great mom.

Then, while I'm getting ready and he's sitting on the rug with his nutritious breakfast, he suddenly becomes furious! "Go get the butter!" he yells at me. I strongly dislike yelling in the morning. I tell him no, and then I ignore him. I'm such a good mom.

A few seconds later he jumps up from the rug and runs from the room. I'm running late, and I don't have time to follow him. I figure I'll know what he's up to soon enough.

Wouldn't you know he comes strolling back in the bathroom, big grin on his face, with a tub of butter and a butter knife. He flops down on the rug, cracks open the butter, and slathers another layer of it on the pop tart. Apparently I did not apply the butter to the pop tart well enough. I can't even get on to him because his "nevermind, I'll do it myself" attitude is pretty funny. When he's done, I tell him to go put the butter away, which he gladly does - quite the capable young man.

He comes back with a slice of cheese.

He unwraps the cheese and plants it firmly on top of his double buttered, strawberry and blueberry splits pop tart. He was so proud - beaming from ear to ear!

And then he ate it.

No comments: