Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Storyteller

December 6, 2007 - Thursday

I suppose it's surprising that I am not in charge of stories every night - you know, with my flair for the dramatic and everything. But after the boys and I say prayers, they kick me out and scream "Send in the Storyteller!" So I leave the 3 boys - Tucker, Keaton, and Trey - alone to tell stories. Often I hear laughter coming from the boys' room. Sometimes the stories are short, and sometimes they go on forever, but they are told every night. I guess I should get to the point.

Tucker's asthma has been giving him fits the last two days. He missed school today and is on so many steroids that he can't sit still. So tonight at bedtime, Trey and I were both laying down with the boys, trying to get them to calm down and go to sleep. This means I got to hear the stories.

Tucker's story: "Once upon a time there was a family whose names were Trey, Stormy, Tucker, Keaton, Isabelle, and Sally. They went to the park. The End."

Keaton's story: "Once upon a time there were two boys named Tucker and Keaton. They" [insert untelligible laughing and story telling here - about a minute's worth], "and then they jumped on daddy's bed." [Here, hysterical laughter for about 30 seconds, then quiet for just a few seconds. Then Keaton says...] "That was a good story!"

I have to admit, it was a pretty good one!

No comments: