Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Funny Tucker

November 7, 2007 - Wednesday

Okay, so tonight Tucker was funny.

Let me start by saying that this is an unusual occurence. Most of you know that Tucker is my serious child - he loves sports, and sports, and other sports. He likes to know stuff and he likes to be right. I occasionally wonder if he will be able to have fun in his life because he's so serious.

I should also digress here so as to say that Keaton is ALWAYS funny. He is naturally hysterical -a born entertainer. He dances and sings, and tells the funniest knock-knock jokes on the planet.

They usually go something like this:

Keaton: Knock-knock
Me: Who's there?
Keaton: banana store
Me: Banana store who?
Keaton: Banana store apple. BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!

I know what you're thinking - "I don't get it. That's not funny" - and there's the point. People, that kid's laugh is infectious! He might be the funniest person I've ever known because he is so full of joy. He thinks he's funny, therefore he is funny. It's quite a phenomenon.

Anyway, so tonight Tucker found his moment of humor. We were all sitting around being lazy watching "Drake and Josh" (I know...really? Tucker also thinks he's a preteen, apparently), and commercial for a glow in the dark cabbage patch kid came on. Tucker looks at Trey across the room and says, "Dad - you want that?" Trey didn't get it - but I did! I told Tucker I'd rewind the commercial and let Trey see it again in case he needed a doll for Christmas. Tucker repeated his instance of four-year-old wit, and a huge, devious smile spread across his face. He followed it up with "He's always asking me if I want My Little Pony."

So there you have it. Tucker called Trey a girl, and I can't stop laughing about it. It's so great to see that it's their "way" with each other - and it's very father/son-y to me. It was fleeting moment- Tucker immediately took off to get Keaton a football helmet, and Trey started "throwing flags" when when they got too rough - but it was a great moment. I think Tucker may learn to loosen up after all, and he'll probably learn it from Dad.

No comments: