Sunday, December 7, 2014

Advent: Day 7

Today's devotional from Max Lucado's In the Manger centered around the idea that Christ dwells in us. Christ's first introduction to the world was in Mary's womb. (I really don't like the word "womb," and I don't think I've ever used it. Not sure why. I digress.) Jesus was within her, and he lives within us. He declared to his apostles in John 14 "I am in you." Colossians 1:27 says "Christ in you, the hope of glory."

But what does it mean to have Christ within us? It's a depth of his promise for sure. God will go so far to reach out to his children that he will dwell within us, regardless of our failures or weaknesses. Our job is simply to allow him to dwell. Mary didn't make excuses about being too busy or unqualified to do God's work. She simply said, "Let it be to me according to your word." (Luke 1:38)

My prayer today is that we will be so full of the loving Christ that He will be evident in "our actions, our speech, and our decisions." Take our resistance and turn it in to willingness. Amen.

No comments: