Friday, December 5, 2014

Advent: Day 5

I actually have my Max Lucado book today!  Isn't that impressive!

Today's scripture:
Then the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bring forth a Son, and shall ball his name Jesus. Luke 1:30-31

Lucado's devotional focuses on the angel Gabriel and what he must have thought when he got word that God would become a man. Gabriel delivered the news to Mary of her immaculate conception, and Lucado asserts that the angel must have been a little concerned about God becoming a baby born to an unwed mother. But Gabriel delivered his message as he was directed, and I believe that God did become human in just way the message said.

It's unbelievable, really. The whole idea behind Christ's birth and death and resurrection doesn't make sense in our small world. It doesn't seem possible. But I have faith that it's true.

How does this apply to my everyday life?  Our God is a miracle worker!  He does the impossible!  Why should I worry about the simple problems or issues in my life when I serve a God who can do anything? My stress and my worry imply that my all-powerful God isn't enough.

My prayer today is this: Lord, help us see you as the miracle worker you are. Help us to understand that all things are possible through the power of Christ. Helps us to give over our worries and our stresses to the One who knows every detail of our lives. Somewhere out there, someone is in great need of your miraculous healing hand. Demonstrate your power in order that the faith of that person and the people around him will be increased in their faith. Amen.

No comments: