Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Advent: Day 24

It's Christmas Eve!

We have had the best evening. We went to church where Keaton sang with the children's choir, then we ate Chinese food, then we dropped off Mimi's freshly hemmed pajama pants at her house. When we got home, the boys straightened their bathroom for company and made their spots in our room where they always sleep on Christmas Eve night. I've been watching White Christmas, which I've never seen before, while Trey puts together casseroles for Christmas morning. It's a pretty picture perfect Christmas Eve.

My absolute favorite thing at church on Christmas Eve (at least the last two years) is hearing Taylor Slocum sing "God is With Us." Her voice is amazing (she has several videos posted on YouTube if you're interested - just do a quick search). Tonight she was accompanied on the violin, and the resulting song was earth shattering. The chorus says:

"Love is raining down on the world tonight
There's a presence here I can tell
God is in us, God is for us, God is with us, Emmanuel
He's the Savior we have been praying for
In our humble hearts He will dwell
God is in us, God is for us, God is with us Emmanuel"

I am so thankful that someone recorded this and put it on YouTube so I could share it with you here!


(Video should be embedded, but if it's not showing up the link is here.)

I don't think there is anything else I can even add to that. The gift of Christ is love raining down from heaven. He dwells in us. He is always on our side. He is forever with us.

All because of Christmas.

No comments: