Tuesday, March 31, 2020

TCC, Day 16: Cancelled

The Day 16 blog post is cancelled.


Just kidding.

Mostly.

Today was tiring. The governor announced closures will continue through the month of April, with a potential return to school on May 4th. Ugh. That's a really long time. And I can't help but wonder what it will take for people to feel comfortable returning to our old normal. When will someone confidently be able to say, "Okay, folks!  We did it!  Corona's not a thing anymore. Get back to it." I can't wrap my mind around what that looks like.

I am seriously not in any way afraid of getting the virus. I'm healthy and would probably recover and when it's my time to go I'll be ready. Trey always reminds me when someone dies about how it's okay for us to be sad but we should remember it's a great day for the person who gets to be with the Lord. And we can find comfort in that, even though no one really wants that today.

Such morbid talk. Ugh.

My big, huge, enormous, anxiety-driven fear is that I'm a secret carrier. That everywhere I go I'm infecting people with my invisible germiness. I would be heartbroken to think someone else became deathly ill because of me. As a result, I am social distancing like a pro.

It's has become painfully aware to me how important sleep is. Last night I was awake about every two hours, and today I'm grumpy and irritable. When I sleep all night, I can take on the coronas and the quarantines and all the things. I'm tired now, so I think tonight I'll sleep.

Sooo...boohoo. I wallowed a bit on the ol' blog. Now I shall get myself together.

It's my sister-in-law's birthday today. We would normally all get together to celebrate, but that wasn't possible (corona, in case you missed it). We had a Zoom party, and it was great to see them all!

I've decided to start randomly Facetiming people, so be prepared. If you get the call, don't judge my hair.

Keaton keeps sending me the link to order him a tumble track so he can practice in the yard. If I can get my points back for the flights I booked to the U.S. Regional meet that didn't happen, I might be spending them on this dumb tumble mat. Don't judge.

Trey and I have watched two episodes of Tiger King. After the second one I wasn't sure I could keep going because crazar. But now I need to know what happens. So we may be watching Tiger King if you need us. Don't judge.

Here we go, folks. Let's all get a good night's sleep and kick day seventeen's tail tomorrow.

The end.


No comments: