Thursday, March 19, 2020

The Corona Chronicles, Day Four

Day Four.

Today I worked from work, so that was different.

I'm trying to work from home as much as possible, but there are certain things I cannot do unless I'm connected to the district's server. My goal is to collect those things and then go into the office to get them all done at once so as to minimize my trips to work. We're up to five confirmed cases of corona in our area, and I think we all expect that number to grow a bit before it falls.

As of yesterday all of the restaurants and bars had to close their dining rooms. They can still do take out and delivery, but it's devastating for local businesses. I keep seeing social media posts about supporting businesses by ordering delivery or take out as you can afford it. Since I was at the office today I ordered "to go" tacos from Fuzzy's. It was eerie in there. The world is weird right now.

I've never really liked the colloquialism "this too shall pass." I'm more of a live-in-the-moment-even-if-it-sucks kind of girl. So I'm living in this moment like we all are, hoping it will make us all better in some small way. Today I spent some of my weekly allowance on dining out and lunch and left a bigger tip than usual. Could it be that tacos are making me better? I'm not against it.

Random stuff probably no one cares about:

1) I slammed my finger in the door back in January, and now the busted part of my nail has grown out enough to see it. It super duper gross and my whole nail might fall off. If I were around you in person I'd probably make you look at it.

2) Tucker worked six hours today, and Keaton spent the day at Mimi and Papa's doing tech support. He set them up with Netflix and installed their WiFi extender. That kid is happier when he's busy. Also, Tucker has discovered that the NFL app on our FireStick is streaming old football games for free. I'm so excited about this. Seriously. I'm so sad I missed this game between the Rams and Chiefs when it was on last year (insert eye roll emoji here). In my house the games come with anticipating statements like "Watch this!" and commentary on what a certain person (Tucker) was thinking and feeling when he saw it happen the first time he watched it.

3) I walked the loop yesterday and drank either two or three yetis of water. Counting is clearly not my strength. I'll go for a walk again today unless it's pouring.

4) I need a pedicure SO BAD. Like, bad bad. I'll have guilt if I go out and don't social distance, but if I go I'm supporting a local business. That's good, right?  Ugh. Things like this feel like huge decisions these days.

5) I have this awesome book I bought a few years ago, 642 Things to Write About. I've decided I should try to pick a prompt at random each day and write about it here. Today's prompt is, "Come up with every possible way to describe ____ without using the word itself." (I can't tell you what it is because that would ruin the fun.)

Here goes:
Flames licking a damp log thrown on a bonfire.
Anger.
A fluttering bird reminding me of someone lost.
Love.
Bricks.
Blazing summer sunsets.


The End.


No comments: