Monday, March 30, 2020

TCC, Day 15: The Quarantine Classic

Well, here we are. Another day of distancing.

Our Hulu and Netflix got hacked by some stupid idiot hacker jerk.  I hope their TV goes out and they have to sit in quarantine with nothing to watch.

I still haven't been to Lowe's even though the list of things I really need from there is growing.

I had to go into the office this morning, and when I got home Keaton met me at the door to tell me there had been a quarantine casualty.

"What did you break?" I asked.

"The thing," he says, pointing. "It was a casualty of the Quarantine Classic."

It turns out the "thing" is the chandelier in the entry way. The Quarantine Classic is the golf game that has been ongoing in my living room for two weeks. It was bound to happen, I suppose.

Tucker has a plastic cup filled halfway with water on the floor at one end of the living room, and from the entry he chips ping pong balls to try to get them in the cup. He's probably done it a thousand times. When this is all over, I think he plans to join the PGA circuit or something.

Keaton joins in on the fun from time to time. They only have three ping pong balls, so they chip them and then search all over the place for where they may have landed. Over and over and over again.

It's reminiscent of when they were little. They played football and baseball in the house constantly, and I was the crazy mom who let them. With a house full of boys there's never been a lot to break, and I would much rather them play than sit. So I always let them play.

Periodically during the Quarantine Classic Tucker will say, "Don't follow through with your swing or we're going to break something."

He was right.

By the time I got home the glass had all been cleaned up, and Keaton confessed the minute I walked in the door. I'm told that when it happened they were both shocked, Tucker laughed, and then he left Keaton alone to deal with the fallout - no doubt happy he wasn't the culprit. I told him he's lucky it wasn't him, and he reminded me that he knew better than to follow through on the swing (insert eye roll here).



They're lucky they are cute.

I really need to go to Lowe's.

The end.

No comments: