Tuesday, March 24, 2020

TCC, Day 9: What does one wear to work from home?

First, the facts of the day.

  • Cases in our area up to 17.
  • The shelter in place for our area starts tonight. Basically we may only leave our homes for buying groceries, attending our essential function jobs that cannot be done from home, or walking/biking while staying six feet away from each other. 
  • Our school closure was extended through April 10th. Including spring break that will be a month away from school during the middle of the year.
  • Talk shows and news shows are all doing their productions from their homes. It's crazy how technology allows that to happen. 

Hickman family news:

My role in educating my children has increased. They are receiving their assignments for the week via Schoology (an online learning platform our district already had in place). I've required my students to create a list each week of all their assignments - either on paper or in a Google doc shared with me. I can use this to double check their Schoology accounts and make sure they got everything and also to help them manage their time. It's day two of this process, and I've only gotten this particular assignment from my freshman. I told my junior I better have it by 9:00 pm or it's going down.

Keaton attended a Zoom meeting for his English class today. I think he really enjoyed connecting with his teacher and the students who were also able to attend. I learned (after the fact) that he dressed up for the occasion.
Actual photo of Keaton in his English class outfit today.

Tucker worked at HEB all day.

Trey worked at the bank all day.

I had two virtual meetings today, so I fretted about looking like I didn't just roll out of bed, throw on a t-shirt, and plop down at my computer in the kitchen (even though that's exactly what I've done most days working from home).

I worried about the fact that my home office is set up in front of the wine rack and decided since there were only adults in my meetings that I was probably making up things to worry about.

I brushed my hair and put on a little make up. Then before the first of the meetings I frantically ran into my closet and changed out of my t-shirt into a blouse and cardigan. I think I looked very office-y.

I sent this text message to my family. Notice how the only person who responded is Trey who was at work. 




I was READY to be a super-work-at-home-professional!

Turns out neither meeting had video.

The end.





No comments: