Thursday, March 26, 2020

TCC, Day 11: Normal

Day Eleven.

Cases is our area are up to 28 (I think), and we now know people, at least peripherally, who have tested positive and/or are presumed to have the virus.

And today was strangely normal.

*timeout*
Just got an alert on my phone. We're now up to 39 cases.
*time in*

I worked, Tucker worked, Trey worked, Keaton rode his bike. I cooked dinner. We went for a walk. I'm currently sitting on my patio enjoying the warm spring breeze after watering my flowers.

We have a snake that lives in our backyard. It apparently eats mice, so I've decided I'd rather co-habitate with a snake than mice. However, I'm always afraid our paths will cross spontaneously. The shrubs in front of my faucet have grown very tall, so I have to get a broom and rustle them up a little bit, then pull them apart and peer underneath them to make sure Sneaky Snake isn't there before I can turn on the water. I want to make sure neither of us surprises the other. It's quite the production.

(Check out the link. Tom T. Hall's "Country Songs for Children" is one of my favorite albums. It's 70s gold. I played it for my boys all the time when they are little, and it's one of the reasons I'm most excited about having grandkids some day. So I can share it with them.)

I'm sitting outside by myself because the bugs LOVE Trey. He can walk outside for 3 minutes at dusk and get twenty mosquito bites. I am much too sour for them, it seems. I asked if it hurt his feelings that I sit outside without him and he asked if it hurt my feelings that he didn't sit outside, and we decided we're both good.

Here are some of my flowers because they are lovely, and some dill because Keaton thinks its fascinating that it smells like pickles:




I really need some mulch. And I haven't found purslane yet this year, but I have spot waiting for it. What if it was delivered while I'm distancing? Lowe's is open, but I'm not sure that means I should go.

Pray for those who are sick. I'm afraid it can get very bad very quickly.

The end.







No comments: