Thursday, September 25, 2008

Keaton can read...he thinks.

I picked Keaton up from school, and we were on our way to get Tucker. He opened his lunch box and pulled out a piece of paper, then handed it to me to read.

"Read this," he orders, and hands me the receipt for September's payment to Longmire Learning Center.

"It says we paid all our money," I explain as I hand it back to him.

"Okay, let me read this," he begins as he holds the paper upside down. "It says today is the right day and we have to go to Maggie Moo's but not until after we eat supper." (Maggie Moo's is an ice cream place.)

"I don't think it says that, honey," I reply as I gently crush his hopes of ice cream.

He didn't flinch. He mustered up his firmest voice to say, "Yes it does, Mommy. You call Daddy right now and tell him that my school says we have to go to Maggie Moo's tonight."

Thank goodness we arrived at Tucker's school so he could forget all about it. At least I hope so!

No comments: