Monday, August 4, 2008

Lazy Days of Summer

Keaton got up at 5:00 this morning and asked if he could go play outside. I pointed out that it was still dark, and so he agreed to watch Little Bill on Noggin instead. All day the boys have been so good - they've played outside (coming in often to get water, just like I suggested), they've played High School Musical on the Wii (it's really Karaoke), and they've each played all by themselves.

Keaton is especially good at entertaining himself. This afternoon he made me kiss him goodbye because he was going to work, he fed some chicken to his imaginary cows, and he even wore long pants to keep those cows from biting him!


I am going to meet a friend for dinner tonight - one I haven't seen in way too long. So I was in the bathroom getting ready at about 4:30 p.m. Keaton was sitting on the side of the bathtub putting clips in his hair and pretending to paint the cabinets with a make-up brush. I put my hair dryer away, then turned back to him. This is what I found:




So naturally I got the camera, and then I went to find Tucker to show him Keaton sleeping in the bathroom floor. I guess Tucker was a little tired, too, because this is how I found him - totally zoning out:



We laughed at Keaton, and then Tucker did what any big brother would do. He covered Keaton with a blanket.



They really are sweet boys!

No comments: