Tuesday, July 1, 2008

New life goal...

...to eat one meal at The French Laundry in Napa Valley where "a great meal is a kind of journey that returns you to sources of pleasure you may have forgotten and takes you to places you haven't been before" (from their site - www.frenchlaundry.com). The restaurant is surrounded by gardens from which most of the food is harvested. Every day the chef creates two nine course tasting menus to choose from. There's a dairy that makes butter and yogurt exclusively for the restaurant. They use olive oil stored in UV ray-blocking bottles. They have a selection of salts, for crying out loud! At The French Laundry, food is an experience. Eating there would be a good time for all. (And, yes, I'm watching the Food Network right now!)

I agree with chef Thomas Keller that a "great meal is an emotional experience." Perhaps after I win the lottery and get my PhD, I can travel to Napa Valley to celebrate at The French Laundry.

1 comment:

emily bee said...

take me with you? ok great.

hehheehe :)

this is a fantastic goal!