Tuesday, May 29, 2012

I won!

I won I won I won I won I won!

I was riding the car when I read the results on mybcs, and I almost jumped out of my seat! I gave Trey a high five that was like this super-awesome we just won the Super Bowl high five, but in reality I think he didn't know what I was doing and ducked before our hands actually hit.  Maybe it's just that I'm so strong now that he thought maybe my high-five would hurt. That's probably it.

I have happy danced and read and re-read the final results all evening, and I'm just giddy. I can't believe it!  I had resigned myself to the fact that I had done my best - put it all out there - and if we didn't win then that would be okay because I worked like I wanted to win. But then I actually won, and it was way better than just working to win.

I posted a few times ago that I refuse to diet, and I still do. If I just say no to the bad stuff and buy the good stuff at the grocery store then I'm WAY better off. I've learned how to eat apples without cutting them up first. This is a big one for me because apple skin gets stuck in my teeth (which is annoying) and for some reason biting into an apple is sort of like eating meat off of a bone (something I would never do). I've tried protein pancakes (they weren't that good), protein shakes (it was good, but only worth 8 grams of protein for me because I could only drink about a third of it. I also don't like drinks with milky consistency - like milk and protein shakes), artichokes (okay, I steamed it and then threw it away four days later because it scared me), and asparagus (which I've had with dinner every night). I made my first and second and third and fourth frittata because they are easy and heat up well for breakfast. I've had salad dressing on the side. I've had FroYoYo german chocolate cake yogurt (at 8 calories an ounce) instead of Hagen Daas. I've had a better food plan.

(Full disclosure: I'm also currently eating a cupcake. It's lemon. There was this one food truck...)

At BCS Fitness I was pushed more than I ever in a million years would push myself. It was kind of awful, but I liked it.

Is a little part of me afraid that I'm just a few episodes of Ice Loves Coco and a few cupcakes away from packing those 15 pounds right back on?  Absolutely. But a little more time at BCS Fitness will certainly help. Then, I'll have to have a new plan for how to work out on my own the right way.

But for now, I WON!

I don't want to brag (yeah, right), but this is my blog for all of posterity and when I come back and look at this years from now I'll want to remember. The two boys together scored 172.5 points. I scored 145 by myself. I killed it!

Okay, I'll stop being annoying now.


No comments: