Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Shakespeare and Doc Brown?

Yesterday I was wearing my English department tee shirt which depicts William Shakespeare and a quote from Julius Caesar. Tucker has seen this shirt many times before, but for some reason he was studying it in great detail yesterday.

Tucker: Who is that on your shirt again?
Me: William Shakespeare. He's a brilliant author.
Tucker: And what does it say again? (the font is really scripty)
Me: "He think too much, such men are dangerous." Do you know what that means?
Tucker: Yes! Wait. I mean, no.
Me: It means that the way you become powerful and strong and can do whatever you want in life is to think! To use your brain! Isn't that great?
Tucker (ponders my words for a moment): You mean like the doctor in Back to the Future?

Um. I didn't see this coming. Back to the Future? Really? It took me a second to realize that Doc did make a car that was able to time travel. I suppose he had to use his brain a great deal to make that happen.

Me: Yes, Tuck, just like the doctor in Back to the Future.
Tucker: Sweet.

No comments: