Friday, January 15, 2010

More about boys...

#1: On Wednesday I received a phone call from Keaton's preschool teacher. He had been vomiting, and I needed to come get him right away. So I rushed to his school, and carried a peaked looking little boy to the car, mentally preparing for a stomach virus to ravage our home. A very short while later, when he seemed to be feeling much better, I asked him why he threw up. This is his response:

"Well, momma, we went to the libary, then we ate lunch, and then we went outside. I played on the merry-go-round, like, the WHOLE TIME. And we were going SO FAST around and around and around you know! Then we came inside to wash our hands, and I threw up."

Stomach virus averted. We had a conversation the next morning about how if you're on the merry-go-round and your tummy feels funny, you should get off.

#2: The classic country radio station Trey and I often listen has created even more fun with the kids. It makes me happy to hear Keaton croon "I Love a Rainy Night" and sing along to Ronnie Milsap tunes. This particular station loves Linda Ronstadt, and I mean they LOVE her. On the way home today Keaton shouted "turn it up!" when "It's So Easy to Fall in Love Came On." Apparently he likes her, too.

It took about one and one-half choruses for the song to turn into "It's So Easy to Fart" followed by roaring laughter. Thanks, Tucker.

#3: Overheard from my place on the couch while the boys played in my room.
Tucker: Are we going to get in trouble?
Keaton: Hey. Whose birthday is tomorrow? Yours. So who's in charge? YOU ARE!

I did a little correction on that, as well.

No comments: