Sunday, August 9, 2009

A Verse or Three

I taught our Sunday school class this morning. (I'm the "C" team and glad to be!) Anyway, we read this scripture and it really got me. It's Isaiah 58:9-11.

"Then you will call and the Lord will answer; you will cry for help and He will say: Here I am. If you do away with the yoke of opression, with the pointing finger and malicious talk, and if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry and satisfy the needs of the opressed, then your light will rise in the darkness, and your night will become like the noonday.

The Lord will guide you always; He will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail."

I just needed to share. :)

1 comment:

Erin S said...

And thanks for sharing!