Friday, May 1, 2020

TCC, Day 47: The end?

Today Texas opened back up. Basically that means that restaurants can have customers dining in, but can't go over 25% capacity. Does that mean quarantine is over?

We tried to go to The Dixie Chicken. It's spring, and sitting on the porch at El Pollo del Norte would make me extraordinarily happy. It seems everyone else had the same thought because the line outside was long. Perhaps we will try again later this weekend.

My next favorite porch is at Torchy's. They aren't open to dining-in yet, so we pulled over in the parking lot and ordered online, then took our tacos to go.

Eating dinner with my husband in my kitchen with Flatland Calvary on the radio is never a bad thing, even after 47 days of social distancing. It's crazy to me that we haven't eaten in a restaurant in 47 days.

Today I was stressed about work and making up things to worry about my kids and stir crazy and generally crazy. Trey came home, we drove around town looking for porches to sit on, and I word-vomited all of my crazy on him. And then I was better.

Today's pro tip: Marry someone who makes you feel better about yourself and also just generally makes you better. Trey is really the very best person I know, and sometimes I can't believe I get to be married to him. Find you someone like that or don't waste your time.

I'm not sure what The End looks like. This may be it. Or maybe it's months or years in the future. Will we even know when it comes?

I don't know.

The end.

Really.

Maybe.

No comments: