Thursday, June 26, 2014

Book #10: Where'd You Go Bernadette

I was in for an afternoon of dental work (two replacement fillings and a crown), and I was looking for something to distract me from the horror of it all. I decided an audio book was worth a shot, and Where'd You Go Bernadette? was $5.99 on itunes. We had a winner.

First, the audio book during dental work was a great idea, if I do say so myself. I had to really focus on what was happening in the story which distracted me from what was happening in my mouth.

Second, I got a new-to-me car that has bluetooth that automatically connects when I get in the car. So each time I got in, my book continued. It was great!  I did not think I would enjoy an audio book so much, but I've already downloaded another one.

The book itself was a good summer read. Not the best thing I've ever read, but entertaining nonetheless. It's narrated by Bernadette's daughter, Bee, but also includes lots of source documentation about Bernadette's history. That makes it sound boring, but this source documentation includes things like catty emails from annoying moms. Bernadette is a volatile, creative person who finds a way to erase her tracks when she's had enough. It makes for a good story.

No comments: