Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentines Day 2013

First, I am spoiled. This simply means that my family does a very good job of making me feel loved all the time, and on Valentines Day it's even better. Every year, Trey gets up extra early and makes us breakfast. This year it was heart shaped French toast and bacon. When I woke Keaton up, I asked him if he could smell the bacon. Before he even opened his eyes, he said, "No, I small Valentines Day."




My boys also surprised me with a gift this morning. Trey said when he and Tucker were in the store he asked if Tucker had a girl he wanted to buy a Valentine for. "Yes," Tucker said, "Mom."

The sweetest thing ever, right?  The boys spent their own money on flowers and chocolates for their dear old mom.


Then, I received my annual Valentines tulips. We had tulips in our wedding, so when Trey sends me flowers that's what I get. He sends them from the same place every year, and they are always beautiful and last a long time. Only this year there was a problem. It looked like the flowers had frozen or something. We had a good laugh about them at work.  I hated to call Trey and tell him that the flowers were a bust, but I wanted him to get his money back! It truly is the thought that counts, and he remembered. I hate to expect that I'll get flowers on Valentines Day, but I would probably be disappointed if I didn't them, so he did good!



Finally, after Keaton went to bed he called me into his room. "Open my binder and look in the front pocket. You'll find something," he said. It was a sweet Valentine card he made for me today.


So let it be known that in this Hickman family, we have boys who are very good at making their wife and mother feel loved and special and appreciated. I'm grateful every day of the example Trey sets for my kids to love constantly and never keep it a secret. They'll be good husbands and dads some day because of him.

Happy Valentines Day!

No comments: