Monday, June 22, 2015

Three Random Facebook Posts Consolidated to One Blog Post

Three short, unrelated posts.

#1
Keaton was helping out at my office today. We went to Lowes to purchase some shower board to have slates made for the classrooms. When I told Keaton what we were doing, he had some input. "I have an idea, Mom. It's pretty progressive, and may require you to expand your budget, but I think you'll see that it's totally worth it."

Um, are you 25 and selling me insurance?

His idea (because it seems rude to leave you hanging) is to make the slates double-sided and in third and fourth grade add notes about place value up to the ten thousands so that kids can reference it quickly when working on problems.  Not a bad idea! I'm wondering if he's had a teacher do this for him before. If so, great job, teacher!

#2
I'm kind of impressed with Tucker today. It's the 16th weekday of summer, and the kid went to three days of football camp at A&M, spent four days on the couch with a fever, and still managed to finish two summer school classes as of this afternoon. As a reward, he gets to start working out at 8:30 every morning to get ready for fall football. I think he's excited about finally being able to lift weights. He's a good kid, even if his twelve year old brain is kind of like spaghetti most of the time.

(I should mention that he took two 7th grade courses this summer so he could free up some time for fun classes.)

#3
I heard Joe Cocker sing "Get by with a Little Help from my Friends" on my way home. It made me remember a TV show that my parents used to watch called Tour of Duty because I thought it was the theme song. Only I was wrong, and the theme song to that show was Painted Black by the Rolling Stones, and the Joe Cocker song was the theme song of The Wonder Years. This made me think of a cop show that my parents used to watch after I went to bed because I wasn't old enough to watch it. They may have recorded it on their VCR. Then I checked Netflix for several of the 80s TV dramas I couldn't watch because I was too little, and none were there. Tour of Duty, China Beach, Moonlighting...not there.  Who do I call at Netflix to get those? I'm going to feel so cool when I finally watch them. Don't tell my parents.

No comments: