Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Guess Who has a Four Year Old?

Oh, dear readers! I have neglected you so! It has been eleven days since my last post. ELEVEN! Here's a brief synopsis of what you've missed:

1) Graduation. It was both the most wonderful and most awful event as we had to say goodbye to some phenomenal people. Kind of like childbirth in reverse.

2) Tucker officially completed kindergarten and is experiencing his first real summer. More on that later.

3) A week and a half of summer school has already gone by.

4) I'm still working on the yearbook, but the end is in sight.

5) I finally finished Gone With the Wind

6) I totally cleaned out and reorganized one side of the house so that Joe, our Brazos Valley Bomber could live with us this summer.

7) Joe moved in, and we couldn't ask for a better player to host.

So, you see I've been a little busy. That whole perception of teachers having summers off is a myth for me (well...unless you count July...hehehe).

Perhaps our family's biggest event of the past eleven days was Keaton's fourth birthday. He's four, and I can hardly believe it. Here he is showing off his tractor cake. He describes it as "a farm cake, just like I'm a farmer." He does have a strawberry plant in the front yard, so I guess that counts.
In case you were wondering about the decorations on the cake, Keaton explained, "The tractor is fake and the gate is fake and the trees are fake, but my name is real."

When we pressed and pressed him for what he wanted to do on the big day, he finally decided this: "I want to go fishing with Pop and catch some fish and cook them and eat them!" Since his Pop lives over two hours away, that wasn't happening on his birthday. We made arrangements for him to commune with nature and Pop on another weekend, and he was perfectly happy with that.

The next thing he really wanted to do was this: "I want to go to Mike and Carol's house and swim in the pool and roast marshmallows!" Thanks to a little help from Uncle Mike, this was easily arranged. Keaton's a little afraid of the water, so he likes to hang out in the shallow hot tub and shoot everyone with the water gun. As you can tell, he had a wonderful time.


He got lots of great gifts, including a new bike, a cool spiderman couch-slash-bed, and a fun sprinkler that shoots balls into the air.


I realize this picture is a little blurry, but I still love it and had to share.


He got one more gift, but like most things around our house, there's a story there. Tune in next time for that little gem.

No comments: